If you’re looking for the perfect low FODMAP, gluten free, vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe, look no further! This chewy, doughy cookie is the only one you’ll want to eat!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through the link there is no additional cost to you, but I will make a small commision that allows me to keep bringing you delicious healthy dessert recipes!
I’m pretty sure I can now consider myself a chocolate chip cookie connoisseur. Lately, I have been obsessed with creating (….and eating) the perfect chocolate chip cookie. One that’s a tiiiiiny bit crispy on the edges, but super doughy in the center. You know the type – it’s practically cookie dough, but it’s still baked enough so that it holds its cookie shape. But I mean, baked juuuuussst enough. And, let me tell you – THIS IS IT! It also happens to be a low FODMAP, gluten free, vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe. I get that there is a time and place for those crispy cookies…this is just not it. 😉
I’ll start off by saying I’d consider these cookies a health-ier chocolate chip cookie recipe. They’re not quite the typical dessert recipe I make where I feel you could legitimately eat them in place of a meal. They are, however, lower in sugar than a typical cookie, and full of healthy, unsaturated fats instead of saturated fats (the unhealthy kind).
But, like I said, I really did go through a chocolate cookie obsession recently. I’ve experimented, tasted, and re-tasted numerous cookies and cookie recipes. Chocolate chip cookies are so simple and so classic that you really have to get them right. No one wants a flavorless, hard as a rock cookie when you’re expecting chewy, sweet, chocolate melt-y goodness.
And I really think I got this recipe right. The cookie dough spreads out quite a bit when they bake, which creates that puddle of gooiness in the middle. But, you also get those nice, crispy edges for the perfect contrast of texture. But, I think the fact that I’ve already made 3 batches since I got the recipe perfect speaks for itself.
Gluten Free; Vegan; Low Carb; Low FODMAP; Soy Free
10 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
18 minTotal Time
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp granulated sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup yogurt, vanilla (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 Tbsp oil (I used canola)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips of choice (I used milk chocolate)
- In a large bowl, add the sugars, yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir together to combine.
- Add to the bowl the almond flour, tapioca flour, arrowroot, baking soda and powder, and salt. Stir together until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough and place in the fridge. Overnight is best, but at least for 2 hours.
- When ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 375 F. Prepare 2 cookie trays with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Scoop out 1 Tbsp of dough at a time. I used a spring loaded scooper, but if you don’t have one, roll the dough into balls before placing them on the cookie tray, 2 inches apart. (If all the dough doesn’t fit on the 2 trays - or you only have 1 tray – bake off what you can and keep the rest of the dough in the fridge.)
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until the top is slightly sticky to the touch but the edges are golden brown and set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the tray for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling. (Don’t try to move the cookies to the rack without letting them cool some on the tray first because they will fall apart.)
- I recommend eating the cookies once they’ve cooled those 10 minutes because warm, gooey cookies can’t be beat! But, if you want to save some for later, they can be stored in the fridge in an air tight container for a few days.
- Enjoy the best darn gluten free, vegan chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever had!
Some products I used for this recipe:
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
You might also like: