Can you really ever have too many chocolate chip cookie recipes? I think not! So far we’ve got edible chocolate chip cookie dough, high protein chocolate chip cookies, and now a quick and simple skillet chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through the link there is no additional cost to you, but I will make a small commission that allows me to keep bringing you delicious healthy dessert recipes!
Reasons to love these cookies:
- Made of simple ingredients
- Only takes 5 min. to whip up
- Crispy edges
- Soft and chewy center
- Full of healthy fats/low in saturated fats (the bad kind)
- High in fiber
- Made in only 1 bowl
- Sweet and delicious
- Perfectly portioned. I mean, if you want to eat a whole semi-giant cookie. And who doesn’t 😉
I love that these cookies are baked in a skillet. Not only does it save time because you don’t have to scoop out each individual cookie, but you also get a great combo of textures. Crispy edges with a soft and chewy center.
Part of the reason the center of these cookies turns out so soft is because the batter is a bit runnier than a traditional cookie batter. Regular cookies are thick and hold their shape. This dough is closer in consistency to a pancake batter. It’s sort of runny, and if we were baking them on a regular cookie tray instead of in a skillet you’d probably end up with one thin, giant blob. A delicious blob, sure! But still a blob none the less.
The other reason is that these skillet cookies get baked at a higher temp than other cookies. At 375 F, these cookies will set quickly around the edges, but keep the center nice and soft. Just the way I like my chocolate chip cookies!
And if for any unknown reason you would want to make only 1 slillet cookie, you can half the recipe with no problems.
Yields 2 - 6.5" cookies
Gluten Free Vegan; Low FODMAP; Egg Free; Soy Free; Nut Free
5 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
18 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp tahini (or other seed/nut butter)
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 Tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the tahini, yogurt, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat flour, buckwheat flour, arrowroot, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and/or chunks.
- Evenly pour the batter into two 6.5 cast iron skillets . Bake for 12-14 min. or until the edges darken slightly and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Top with some whipped cream, ice cream, or eat it all by itself! Best served warm 😉
You might also like: