This is the creamy, healthy key lime pie of your dreams! Made with minimal ingredients and no added sugar, this flavorful, nutrient-dense pie is as easy to make as it is delicious.
It might not be surprising to you, considering that I started a food blog, but I actually enjoy the baking process. I don’t mind long recipes with lots of steps and even more measuring.
However, if you’re not that kind of person, this recipe for creamy, raw, key lime pie is the perfect recipe for you!With only 8 ingredients, there is hardly any measuring, and the little measuring that there is doesn’t have to be perfectly precise for this healthy dessert recipe to still turn out delicious.
Avocados are really growing in popularity! And for good reason, they are not only delicious, but also a good source of healthy fats that help lower the kind of bad cholesterol and help increase the good kind. So, I really wanted to incorporate them into a dessert. What better way to enhance their gorgeous green color than with a healthy take on a key lime pie!
Pies are new to my dessert recipe making repertoire, but I was really pleased that this one turned out wonderfully creamy and flavorful. Using fresh limes is the key in the flavor, for sure.
It helped that all you really need to make this recipe is a food processor or blender and a few mini ramekins or small bowls.
Then all you have to do it blend the pie ingredients together until smooth. Then, pour them into your ramekins and freeze them for 1-2 hours or until they are hard to the touch. While they pies are freezing, combine your crust ingredients. Once the pie is hardened, press the crust on top and put it back in the freezer for a few minutes to allow the crust to harden. Once you’re ready to eat them, let them defrost in the refrigerator for a few minutes and you’re left with the creamiest, smoothest, tastiest, nutrient-filled key lime pie, that also so happens to be raw, vegan, and gluten free.
Yields 2 pies
Vegan; Gluten Free; No Added Sugar; Egg Free; Soy Free
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 Tbsp agave
- 1 ½ tsp lime zest
- Juice from 1 medium lime (about 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp)
- 6 dates
- ¼ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- For the pie, soak the cashews in warm water for 10-15 min. or until cashews are a bit soft to the touch. The cashews should be completely submerged in the water.
- Add the cashews only (not the water), avocado, agave, lime zest, and lime juice to a food processor or blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into 3” ramekins and smooth out the top.
- Place the filled ramekins in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until hard to the touch.
- For the crust, combine the dates, almond flour, milk, and vanilla paste in a food processor or blender until completely incorporated. Mixture should still be a bit sticky and does not need to be completely smooth.
- Evenly press the crust mixture onto the frozen pie and replace in the freezer for about 30 min. to harden. Or keep in the freezer until ready to eat.
- Allow the pies to defrost for a few minutes before eating to ensure optimal creaminess and enjoy!