These fluffy pumpkin cake squares will satisfy every pumpkin craving! Topped with healthy cream cheese frosting, they’ll be your new go-to pumpkin treat.
Fall is here and it’s time for pumpkin EVERYTHING! I, like many others, am OK with that. These fluffy cake squares will not disappoint you and your pumpkin craving.
They’ll also provide you with some protein, fiber, and lots of vitamins and mineral including vitamin A, calcium, and potassium. Pick up a bar for your after workout snack, as the protein will help build and repair muscles while the potassium can help ward off muscle cramps.
You really can have pumpkin at any time now!
Yields 8 squares
High Protein; Low Sugar; Low Fat; Gluten Free
20 minPrep Time
16 minCook Time
36 minTotal Time
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 70 grams (1 cup + 2 Tbsp) vanilla whey protein powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar of choice
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp liquid egg whites
- 2 Tbsp milk of choice (i.e. cow's, soy, almond, etc.)
- 1 ½ Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp oat flour
- 1 Tbsp soy flour
- 25 grams (~1/2 cup) whey protein powder (vanilla or unflavored)
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar of choice
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 38 grams (1/8 cup + 1 Tbsp) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp milk of choice (i.e. cow's, soy, almond, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, protein powder, baking soda and powder, salt, cornstarch, spice, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin puree, egg whites, milk, and honey.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until well combined.
- Pour the dough into a greased or parchment paper lined 9" X 5" loaf pan.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in pan.
- For the icing: in a medium size bowl, combine oat flour, soy flour, protein powder, sugar, and cream of tartar.
- Add in yogurt, milk, and vanilla paste.
- Mix together with electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- Spread icing over cooled cake.
- Slice and eat!