Sometimes dreams come true and miracles happen and high protein chocolate chip cookies come into existence.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through the link there is no additional cost to you, but I will make a small commission that allows me to keep bringing you delicious healthy dessert recipes!
When you want something sweet, it’s hard to resist the classic chocolate chip cookie. It’s sweet. It’s comforting. It’s loyal. It’s basically your BFF.
But, for those times you don’t want your BFF to be loaded with refined sugar, simple carbs, and unhealthy fats, you’re in luck because I gave your BFF a make-over! It’s pretty much the chocolate chip cookie of your dreams. These deep dish cookies are full of protein, low in fat, grain free, and low in sugar. No joke! A typical chocolate chip cookie has about 13 grams of sugar and 2 grams of protein. Howevah, these delicious treats have a whopping 8 grams of protein and a measly 2 grams of refined sugar!
And because I am with everything else in life, I am also indecisive about wanting a super chewy cookie or a really crispy one. So, if you needed another reason to love these deep dish cookies, you get the best of both worlds with them! They have a nice, crispy edge with a soft, chewy center. The trick to getting this combo is baking them in a muffin tin. Not only is it easy and convenient, but it also keeps the cookies from spreading out while baking, giving them the chewy center. And because the batter is touching the pan all the way around, you get a nice, crispy edge. It’s like the corner piece of a pan of brownies, but all around! Once again, it’s like unicorns invaded your dreams and made your wishes come true.
And whipping up these high protein treats couldn’t be any easier. As long as you’ve got a blender or food processor you’re in business, because we’re going to puree some chickpeas. Just trust me on this one. These little gems are going to give your cookies some texture, chewiness, and replaces the flour so the cookies are grain-free. Once you’ve got them pureed, all you need to do is mix the dry ingredients, stir together the wet ingredients, and then combine that all together.
Protein chocolate chip cookies after a hard workout, anyone? 😉
Yields 12 cookies
Gluten Free; High Protein; Low Carb; Low Fat; Grain Free
20 minPrep Time
14 minCook Time
34 minTotal Time
- 2/3 cup chickpeas, pureed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup soy protein powder , vanilla or unflavored
- 2 Tbsp granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt (Greek, Icelandic, non-dairy, etc)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (milk, dark, non-dairy, etc)
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the chickpeas with the water until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add the coconut flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the chickpea puree, egg, yogurt, milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir or whisk until fully combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the prepared muffin tins. It will be about 1.5 - 2 Tbsps of dough per cookie.
- Smooth out the batter so batter touches the edges of the pan, but don't press/flatten the dough.
- Bake for 14 min. or until the edges of the cookies turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cookie dough comes out clean.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely in the pan.
- Feel free to top with nut butter, jam, or more chocolate and eat 'em up!
Some products I used for this recipe:
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $7.20Was: $11.99
You might also like: