I like to bake because I like to eat. But, I also like to no-bake because I like to eat, and I like to eat sooner than it takes to bake something. This is why these no-bake monster cookies are an impatient peanut butter lover’s dream.
I know I’ve mentioned before how I grew up on peanut butter. Other nut butters are a new concept to me. A welcomed, new concept, but a new one none the less. So, with that said, my go-to is always going to be peanut butter.
Reasons to love peanut butter:
- It’s full of fiber and protein to keep the hunger away.
- It’s high in the good/heart healthy type of fat.
- It’s delicious and creamy.
- There are songs about it, for goodness sake! (peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time!)
But, let’s get serious….do I really need to convince you how wonderful peanut butter is? Probably not. So, let’s talk about these no-bake monster cookies instead. What makes them so wonderful, you might ask?
Reasons to love No-Bake Monster Cookies:
- They’re no-bake, obvs!
- They’re made in one bowl.
- They’re full of good for you ingredients and are refined sugar free.
- They’re basically fool proof. Much like duct tape, peanut butter fixes everything.
But, what are monster cookies without some raisins or chocolate? I’d say “boring!” but truthfully, they’d still be deliciously peanut buttery. We’re just taking the cookies to the next level of deliciousness by mixing in those extras. The raisins add that extra little chewy sweetness. And, while you can use any type of chocolate chip in the place of the M&M’s, I personally love that little bit of added crispness from the M&M’s outer shell.
Also, if you’re a raw dough batter lover (like me), this is basically like the A-OK to eat raw cookie dough. While eggs usually give baked goods their richness and chewiness, we’ve got peanut butter to do that job for us. And, without the risk of salmonella! If you want the cookies to be a bit firmer and more cookie-like, just refrigerate the dough for about an hour. The cookies will still be chewy and delicious, but will hold their cookie shape.
Wondering where peanut butter oatmeal cookies with raisins and M&M’s got their name “monster cookies” from? Well, me too! What’s your guess?? Wherever they came from, I know for sure where they’re going…in my belly!
Yields 14 cookies
Gluten Free; Vegan; Refined Sugar Free; Soy Free; Low FODMAP; No Bake
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or other sticky sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup mini M&Ms (or vegan alternative candy)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flours, powdered peanut butter, and salt.
- Add the peanut butter, water, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in the raisins and M&Ms.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Roll about 1 Tbsp of dough into a ball and press between your hands to flatten it out to about 1/2" thick.
- Your quick and easy no-bake cookies are ready to be eaten!
You might also like:
White Chocolate Raspberry Peanut Butter Blondies