These ultra creamy, healthy peanut butter chocolate chip blondies are sure to be your new favorite snack! They’re made with whole grains, are low in sugar, and come together in one bowl and all of about 10 min. Plus what goes better than chocolate and peanut butter!?
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through the link there is no additional cost to you, but I will make a small commission that allows me to keep bringing you delicious healthy dessert recipes!
If you like your house to smell ahhhh-mazing, you need to make these healthy peanut butter chocolate chip blondies ASAP. I’m not sure there is anything better than combining chocolate and peanut butter, except maybe the smell that’ll come out of your oven while these creamy, melt-in-your-mouth, blondies are baking.
They’re made in 1 bowl in about 10 min.
You could say the one thing better than the smell of these scrumptious blondies is how quick and easy they are to make! They only take 9 ingredients (and two of those are water and salt so do they really count….??) and one bowl to whip together. They’re perfect baking for a busy weekday!
Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe Video (1 min)
They make the perfect pre-workout snack
There’s a lot of focus on what to eat after a workout, but what you eat before a workout is important, too! As tasty as it might be, unless you’re prepping for a marathon there’s no need to carbo-load ;). But, carbs are still important! If you want energy to make it through your workout, carbs are gonna do it for ya!
And whole grain carbs (like the oats in these peanut butter chocolate chip blondies) are the way to go because they are digested slowly and give you sustained energy to power you through your workout, like this HIIT workout from Fitness Magazine that I’ve been doing lately! It’s great to do anywhere since it doesn’t use any equipment!
Pairing your carbs with some protein pre-workout can also help:
- Build up your muscles
- Help your muscles recover faster (aka less soreness!)
- Increase strength and lean muscle
And thanks to the peanut butter and powdered peanuts in these peanut butter chocolate chip blondies I’ve got you covered with that, too!
Not that these blondies need to be saved for pre-workout purposes only! You’re going to have a hard time putting them down, so feel free to eat them as a late night snack, a quick grab and go breakfast, or just because you feel like it! 😉
Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies for everyone!
And be sure to tag me @HealthyHacksRD if you make a batch! I love to see your pics!
I’m also now on Yummly! You can use the Yum button to save any Healthy Hacks recipe to your personal recipe box!
Yields 1 - 9x5" loaf
Serves 8 squares338
Gluten Free; Vegan; Low FODMAP; Low Sugar; Whole Grain; One Bowl
10 minPrep Time
18 minCook Time
28 minTotal Time
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup powdered peanut butter
- ½ cup oat flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips and/or peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9”x5” loaf pan with aluminum foil so that it’s long enough hangs over the edges.
- In a large bowl, stir together the peanut butter, milk, and water.
- Add the powdered peanut butter, oat flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and/or peanuts. Optional – reserve half to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it out evenly using a rubber spatula. Optional - sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips/peanuts on top.
- Bake for 17-19 min. or until the edges are set and the center is springy to the touch.
- Allow the bars to cool slightly (about 10 min.) in the pan, then lift them out by using the aluminum foil overhang.
- Let the bars cool completely, then slice up your lusciously creamy peanut butter chocolate chip bars into squares and enjoy!
You might also like: