Thick and chewy, dense and delicious, these cinnamon banana pancakes are naturally sweet and healthy enough for breakfast. Full of protein, rich in antioxidants, and loaded with flavor, you’ll never want to make another pancake recipe.
I have realized that my taste buds are fans of the “kitchen sink” type recipes. Meaning, they really like multiple flavors at once.
This is one of those recipes.
Cinnamon. Banana. Topped with peanut butter drizzle. Soooooo gooooood!
A mash-up of flavors to make everyone’s taste buds happy!
These healthy, protein packed, antioxidant rich pancakes will make tummies happy, too.
I used hemp protein in this recipe, since it is a great vegan option for a protein powder. Also, the health benefits of hemp, including it being high in omega-3s, protein, and fiber, make it a great choice to use….in the right circumstances. In my opinion, it isn’t always the easiest to work with because it has a very distinct flavor that tends to overpower more subtle flavors.
In this recipes’ case, it’s perfect because the other flavors are so strong that your pancakes don’t end up tasting just like hemp. Trust me, because I have made some dessert “fails” that have!
The batter takes practically no time to whip up, so even on rushed mornings this would make a great breakfast. Also, if you’re anything like me and buy a bunch of bananas with the BEST intentions of eating them before they turn brown….but don’t….this is a great way to use them up before they are completely gross.
Give these cinnamon banana pancakes a try! I have no doubt your taste buds will love them as much as mine do!
Yields 7 large pancakes
Gluten Free; Refined Sugar Free; High Protein; Low Fat
25 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
33 minTotal Time
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 cup protein powder (I recommend hemp or soy)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp all spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 medium bananas
- 2/3 cup egg whites
- 1/8 cup honey (or agave)
- 1/3 cup powdered peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat flower, protein powder, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, allspice, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas slightly. Add the egg whites and honey and mash to combine. Some chunks of banana left over is fine.
- Add the banana mixture and the milk mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir/whisk until combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat. To be sure the pancakes don’t stick, I recommend spraying the pan with cooking spray, as well.
- Using a ½ cup scoop, pour the batter onto the hot pan. (This will make large pancakes. For smaller pancakes, use ¼ cup scoop).
- Cook each pancake for 3-4 min. on each side. The pancakes will be ready to flip whenthe edges start to brown and don’t stick to the pan.
- While the pancakes are cooking, combine all the ingredients for the peanut butter drizzle and stir to combine.
- Once all your pancakes are cooked, drizzle with the peanut butter mixture.
- Get ready to enjoy your sweet and healthy dessert!...or breakfast! 😉