Enjoy all the flavors of a carrot cake shrunk down to a bite-sized energy ball! Full of carrots, raisins, and almond butter, these treats will keep your tummy full and your mouth happy! Plus, each bite has less than 1 gram of added sugars!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through the link there is no additional cost to you, but I will make a small commission that allows me to keep bringing you delicious healthy dessert recipes!
Easter is right around the corner, and whether you celebrate it or not I think we can all enjoy the carrot cake overload that comes with it! Carrot Cake is to Easter as Pumpkin Spice is to Fall. Everything gets a carrot cake twist – candies, ice cream, donuts. When is Starbucks coming out with Carrot Cake Lattes???
As I sit here writing this and sipping my boring, non-carrot cake coffee, I’ll just make up for it by snacking on these chewy, two-bite sized Carrot Cake Energy Bites! I like to think of them as the pocket-sized version of a whole carrot cake. They’re full of similar ingredients – carrots, spices, almonds. But are lacking the refined flour and sugar. Instead, whole grain oats are used which helps with the chewy-ness, but also adds fiber. And, a little bit of honey adds a touch of sweetness, but still keeps the added sugar down to less than 1 gram per ball!
These scrumptious little morsels were inspired by two of my most popular recipes – my Vegan Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and my Crispy Peanut Butter Balls. I basically just mashed the two together and the end result was what will sure be your next go-to quick treat! Give them a try and be sure to tag me @HealthyHacksRD if you make them!
Yields 18 bites
Vegan; Gluten Free; Refined Sugar Free; High Fiber; No Bake
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 large carrots
- 1 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp honey (or other sticky sweetener)
- 1 tsp heart healthy oil (i.e. canola, flaxseed, olive oil, etc)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until everything is well incorporated and sticks together.
- Roll about 1 Tbsp of the dough into a ball. If it's too sticky to handle, place it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Once all the dough is rolled into balls, place them in the fridge until firm (about 10 min).
- Enjoy your bite sized carrot cake or pack them up for an on-the-go treat!
You might also like: