I believe it’s a written rule that holidays must include cookies. Particularly festive, winter-y flavored cookies like these white chocolate cranberry cookies. They’ve got a soft, chewy texture and are bursting with flavor. Everyone at your family dinner is going to want to save room for these sweet treats.
And these cookies will actually give you some other important nutrients besides loads of carbs that holiday meals are typically full of. These grain-free cookies are made up of healthy fats and protein! They’re so full of nutritious ingredients that they would even make a great surprise Christmas morning breakfast!
Or, if you think Santa might have been left more chocolate chip cookies than he can stomach, I bet he’d love this switch up 😉
I actually never left cookies out for Santa. Except for maybe one year, and I’m pretty sure that was only so I could eat the “leftovers”.
But, really, what better way to stay energized throughout the crazy holiday season than with cookies full of good-for-you ingredients. All things that’ll keep you satiated and not reaching for the obligatory bowl of candy every house has during the holidays, amIright!?
It’s not be April Fool’s Day, but I’m sure you could trick your family into thinking these white chocolate cranberry cookies were loaded with sugar. Surprise! They’re actually refined sugar free!
And there’s not much to say about mixing these cookies up. The method is so quick and straight forward, you can easily make these for any last minute, dessert requiring emergency. (i.e. every minute of the day is a dessert requiring emergency, if you ask me 😀 )
Did you and your family leave cookies out for Santa or have any other holiday traditions?
Yields 15 cookies
Gluten Free; Vegan; High Protein; Low Carb; Grain Free; Oil Free; Refined Sugar Free
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup soy protein powder (unflavored or vanilla)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F and grease or line a cookie sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chia seeds and 1/4 cup water. Set aside until all the water is absorbed.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, protein powder, baking soda and powder, and salt and whisk together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add to it the agave, almond butter, 1/2 cup water, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and chia seed mixture. Stir together until well incorporated.
- Fold in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop out ~1 Tbsp of dough and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten out the dough balls to about 1/2" thick.
- Bake for 12 min. or until the edges begin to darken and the center is springy to the touch (not wet).
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly on the tray, then transfer to a wire wrack to continue cooling.
You might also like: