All the delicious spice-y flavors of a carrot cake, but in the convenient, portable size of a cookie! These carrot cake cookies will be your new go-to Fall dessert!
It is finally starting to feel like Fall here. The mornings are a bit chilly, but it warms up to a perfectly comfortable low-70s-ish later in the afternoon. This is probably my favorite type of weather. And Fall season, for sure, has some of my favorite types of flavors.
I think I’ve made it clear that I am pumpkin obsessed with my pumpkin streusel topped pumpkin bread, but I also love the Fall-iness of apples, cinnamon, caramel, and what we’re working with today, carrots! Specifically carrot cake 😉 But, sometimes you don’t want to make a whole cake, which is why these carrot cake cookies are a perfect alternative!
They’re totally nutrient dense and full of good-for-you ingredients. In each cookie you’re going to get a bunch of vitamin A, antioxidants, fiber, and protein. But, even better than what they’re full of is what they’re lacking, which is loads of unhealthy fats and refined sugar. Healthy snacking at its finest!
Just a few short weeks ago, I, along with just about everyone else, didn’t want to even think about turning on the oven. But, now you can enjoy a warm cozy house with an even more pleasant sweet/cinnamon-y smell wafting through your home. Making these first thing in the morning for breakfast wouldn’t be out of the question, if you ask me 😀 And you wouldn’t even have to wake up at the crack of dawn to prepare them. You can have carrot cake cookies in a matter of minutes! And by only dirtying one bowl! If you wanted to save even more time, you could always use already shredded carrots instead of grating your own.
So, grab some coffee and get to baking! You won’t be disappointed with a cookie..or two…in your hand tomorrow morning.
Yields 18 cookies
Gluten Free; Vegan; Low Fat; High Fiber; Refined Sugar Free
35 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup soy protein powder (vanilla or unflavored)
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup sticky sweetener (I used a mix of agave and molasses)
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and grease or line with parchment paper 2 cookie sheet trays.
- With a box grater or food processor, grate the carrots. You will need about 2 large carrots if you're not purchasing already shredded ones.
- In a large bowl, add the oat flour, protein powder, buckwheat flour, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and baking soda. Stir or whisk to combine.
- Add to the bowl the applesauce, sticky sweetener, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract. Stir well until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the shredded carrots and raisins.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of batter and roll into a ball. Place the ball onto the cookie sheet and press down until the cookie is about 1/4" thick. The dough is a little sticky, so if you wet your hands it will help keep the dough from sticking to them.
- Bake for 9-10 min. or until the center of the cookie is slightly springy to the touch and the dough is no longer sticky.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly (about 10 min.) and then transfer them to a wire rack to continue cooling...or just go ahead and eat them!
You might also like: