Calling all chocolate lovers! It’s hard to find anything better than chocolate…except maybe DOUBLE the chocolate. These pillowy plush double chocolate chip cookies will practically melt in your mouth and satisfy any choco-holic.
Warmer weather is right around the corner, and that typically means less time in the house and more time on the go. Whether you’re planning a vacation, lounging by the pool, or just running errands, it’s nice not to feel the need to bundle up in your comfortably heated house anymore! But, leaving the house means leaving behind
my bff the fridge. The keeper of all things delicious!
Problem solved! Easily portable, chewy, and chocolate-y cookies. Here’s a few reasons why you need to make them now:
- There’s nothing tricky or complicated about the recipe. All you need is one bowl and a spoon!
- They’re high in protein and healthy fats, which will keep you full while you’re on the go.
- They’re vegan, gluten free, paleo, allergy friendly, basically everything free/friendly, so you can share with everyone! (or…not 😉 )
And because the main chocolatiness in these DOUBLE chocolate chip cookies comes from cooca powder, they’re not going to make a melty mess in the heat. Sure, the chocolate chips will get a bit soft and gooey, but isn’t that how chocolate chip cookies are the best!? Really, it’s like having cookies straight from the oven, but without having to wait for them to bake. Just step outside!
Have you ever baked cookies on the roof of your car? I haven’t, but it sure sounds fun! Especially if you make the vegan version of these double chocolate cookies, because without eggs you don’t have to worry about them baking all the way through and getting salmonella.I think I’m talking myself into trying this…who’s with me!
Head over to the kitchen and whip up a batch of these cookies for you next road trip. Even if your trip is just down the street to the grocery store 😉 .
Yields 10 cookies
Gluten Free; Vegan; Grain Free; High Protein; Low Carb; Low FODMAP
15 minPrep Time
11 minCook Time
26 minTotal Time
- 2 Tbsp water, warm
- 1 tsp instant coffee - optional
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup soy protein powder (or other plant based protein powder or oat flour)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any other seed/nut butter)
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 3 Tbsp egg whites (or 1 egg or 1 "flax egg")
- 2 Tbsp agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or line a cookie sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, warm the water to almost boiling. Add the instant coffee and stir together to dissolve. Set aside. (If not using the coffee, still warm the water.)
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the cocoa, protein powder, almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the almond butter, milk, egg whites (or other choice of egg), agave, vanilla extract, and coffee mixture. Stir just until everything is combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Let the dough rest for 5 min.
- Scoop out about 1/4 cup of dough and roll it into a ball. Place the dough on the cookie sheet and flatten out slightly. Continue with the rest of the dough, placing each cookie about 2" apart. The cookies will puff up and spread out slightly.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cookie comes out with a little bit of batter, but no large crumbs.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly on the tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Snack away on you super chocolatey cookies!
You might also like: