Sometimes you just need something quick and easy and equally delectable for a grab-and-go snack. This recipe for crispy peanut butter balls is perfect for that occasion.
No-bake recipes serve so many amazing purposes. They’re great when you’re short on time but want something tasty. Got a lot of ingredients you need to use? Throw them all together and mash them into a ball!
Or, if you’re like me and craving a rice crispy treats but wanted something a little healthier, but equally as good and crispy. That was basically how crispy peanut butter balls were formed!
They’re made with a mix of fiber-rich oats and crispy rice cereal. If you’re following a strict gluten free diet, be careful which crispy cereal you buy. Rice itself is gluten free, but lots of crispy cereals have additives that are not. Also, there are brown rice crispy cereals out there, which would be totally awesome in these crispy balls, as well.
Do you know what else is so great about these little treats? Unlike rice crispy treats, these guys have zero refined sugar! But, they’re still perfectly sweet thanks to the honey. I personally love the combo of peanut butter and honey, but (yet another!!) great thing about these balls is that they are easy to customize. You can definitely swap the peanut butter for any other nut butter, like almond butter or sun butter. The honey can be replaced with agave or maple syrup. Feel free to experiment and make them your own! Just don’t NOT make them, because your tummy will be missing out 😉
And be sure to share your creations with me on my socials:
Yields 12 balls
Gluten Free; Vegan; No Bake; High Protein; High Fiber
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey (or other sticky sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup powdered peanut butter
- In a medium bowl, add the peanut butter and honey and stir together. If the peanut butter is on the harder side, put the peanut butter and honey in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat and stir until creamy and drippy.
- To the bowl (removed from the heat if it was needed), add the vanilla extract and salt and stir together.
- Add the oats, cereal, and powdered peanut butter. Stir until everything is incorporated.
- Scoop out about 1 Tbsp of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Depending on how creamy your peanut butter is, it might work better to press the mixture together rather than roll it.
- Placed the formed balls on a plate or cookie sheet and place in the fridge to firm up (about 20-30 min).
- Easy peasy! You've got a delicious on-the-go snack!
Some products I used for this recipe:
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
You might also like:
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will make a commision if you click through and make a purchase.